Without doubt, we are as healthy as the foods we eat. This being said, a nutritious diet rich in organic foods is one of the best options for a graceful aging. When you supply the body with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and other necessary nutrients, you will feel younger and more energetic.
The Benefits of Antioxidants
Unhealthy foods such as high fructose corn syrup and other toxins are known to encourage the production of free radicals that can damage the cells in our body. This is where antioxidants can help because they neutralize these radicals and improve the body’s capacity to protect and repair on its own.
Best Antioxidant Foods
- Berries- they have flavonoids and anthocyanins that can alleviate inflammation and make the immune system stronger.
- Pomegranates- this is a superfood with antioxidant pigments.
- Grape- red and purple grapes contain an antioxidant known as resveratrol that prolonged the lifespan in animal tests. This goes for sugarless, organic grape juice as well.
- Dark chocolate- this type of chocolate is abundant in polyphenols. Opt for those varieties with at least 60 percent cocoa.
- Cruciferous veggies- vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower have powerful antioxidants with one-of-a-kind properties.
- Green tea- this healthy beverage supplies the body with the needed antioxidants to guard the cells from oxidative damage.
The Benefits of Unsaturated Fat
Unsaturated fat can balance the cholesterol levels and there are two types of it, that is, mono- and polyunsaturated fat. Find some of the best foods with unsaturated fat in the list below:
- Fish- rich in omega-3 fatty acids, a type of polyunsaturated fat
- Avocados- they will balance the cholesterol and better the brain function due to the abundance of omega-3 fatty acids
- Flaxseed- they make the ideal addition to salads, smoothies, and baked goods and contain fiber and omega-3 fatty acids
Foods Rich in Minerals and Vitamins
- Dark leafy greens
- Whole grains
Probiotics- The Ideal Source of Good Bacteria
They can stabilize the blood pressure, encourage weight loss, and regulate the blood pressure. Opt for almonds, walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts, etc.
Its Majesty: Water
Water is pivotal for every bodily function and even a milder dehydration can lead to health problems like constipation, poor kidney function, and frequent headaches. The ideal amount of water is 8 glasses per day.