Considering our hectic lifestyles and every-day chores, losing weight can present one of the toughest tasks for modern day men and women. We tend to work too hard and not worry about what we put into our body. We just stuff our faces with fast food, coffee shop treats and coffee, sodas, and other unhealthy foods and beverages.
We often tend to disregard how harmful this type of diet can be to our entire body, as no immediate consequences are exhibited. However, in the long run, as we age, the consequences will become more apparent. Every major part of our body can suffer from this type of intake, starting from our skin and bones, to our heart and brain.
Changing your habits is not an easy task. Exercising for a few hours every day, or religiously avoiding certain types of food is simply not possible for most of us.
Luckily, there is a simple drink that we can incorporate into our daily life that will not only help burn all of the excess fat, but it will also keep us healthy and well-nourished.
Simple Grapefruit Smoothie
For this simple smoothie you will only need two ingredients:
- One ripe grapefruit
- One tablespoon of honey
The preparation is just as simple:
- Let your grapefruit sit in a fridge for an hour or two
- Cut the grapefruit in half
- Remove the pulp using a spoon
- Transfer the pulp into a blender, and add the honey
- Blend until the mixture is smooth
For maximum efficiency, the beverage should be consumed every day, 20 minutes after eating lunch. You should be burning almost half of the calories you’ve consumed, just by drinking the grapefruit and honey mixture.
Grapefruit is renowned as one of the most powerful antioxidants available to us. The antioxidants found in this fruit will bind to any free radicals in your body and destroy them, preventing numerous diseases, including cancer.
Grapefruit also has some serious fire power when it comes to fighting bacteria. Its antibacterial properties will ward off any unwanted bacteria and keep you cold-free during the flu season.
In addition to the antibacterial aspect, grapefruit is packed with Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, and manganese. It also contains lesser amounts of vitamins A, B, D, and E, all of which will help with any potential immunity issues. This combination of nutrients is beneficial to our skin, bones, liver, heart, kidneys, and it is even assumed to improve our vision.
When it comes to losing weight with this grapefruit smoothie, it all boils down to three ingredients found in this drink:
- Fiber improves digestion and boosts our metabolism. The visits to the bathroom will become more regular and consistent in every way.
- Pectin is responsible for getting rid of any cholesterol that is not needed for our organism’s basic functions. In addition, pectin controls the levels of insulin and balances our metabolism.
- Lycopene destroys harmful intruders in our body, which includes toxins, bacteria, and viruses.