Parsley is a well-known herb around the world that is used in many different dishes. Most of the time, it is used for the purpose of garnishing. This herb has a very mild flavor therefore it is used to neutralize strong flavors, including oregano and garlic. This herb also offers medicinal properties that are recognized around the world.
Although this herb has numerous nutritional and medicinal properties but people rarely use it in tea. This is quite surprising because herbs are used in teas, which allows the consumers to reap its benefits.
Parsley Tea Benefits
- Reduce Inflammation
Inflammation is considered to be the most common causes of different issues such as joint pain, osteoarthritis and arthritis. It is extremely beneficial in treating these issues because it contains high level of vitamin C.
Many researches have shown that vitamin C can reduce inflammation and vitamin C supplements lower CRP levels, type of inflammatory marker.
- Treats Nerve Damage
It has been scientifically shown that parsley is a very effective agent to improve symptoms that are caused by neurotoxicity. There is a parsley juice related study done on mice that underwent chronic cadmium administration and were experiencing biochemical, histopathological, and behavioral abnormalities. It showed that parsley juice worked really well and mice experienced significant improvement in behavioral changes and received beneficial antioxidant effects.
- Tumor Prevention
Parsley herb has myristicin, a compound which effectively inhibits the growth of tumor. A study was conducted to see the effect of parsley leaf oil on tumor growth in mice, this compound was extremely effective at reducing spread and growth of tumors in lungs and stomach. The study has shown that mice treated with parsley leaf oil had their tumor inhibited by 31 percent in fore-stomach and 65 percent in the lungs. Thus research proved that myristicin is really good to treat tumor.
Additional Benefits of Parsley Tea
- It acts as natural diuretic and fights with water retention that is considered to be the most common sigh of kidney problems.
- It has the ability to cleanse, purify, and flush out toxins from the body.
- It has many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which make an amazing cleansing tea
- It reduces cholesterol levels
- It helps to lower blood pressure levels
- It supports in losing weight
- Its vitamin and mineral content is beneficial for those feeling physically drained
- It fights with anemia, due to its iron content
- This tea treats flatulence
- It helps treat cystitis as well
- It eliminates bad breath from the body
- When used topically, it treats insect bites, bruises, and skin ulcers
Parsley Tea Recipe
- 3 cups of water
- 4-5 sprigs of parsley
- ¼ or ½ of a lemon
- 1 tsp of honey
- First of all, bring the water to a low boil.
- Put lemon and parsley in a cup and pour hot water over it.
- You can add honey but it is optional.
- Steep the tea before you remove lemon and parsley.