As there are no two same persons, it is perfectly normal to have different habits, including morning ones. Though this is not the case with everyone, a lot of people worldwide begin their day with a warm cup coffee or tea while others eat breakfast or drink a cup of water. When it comes to drinking water, most drink it cold. However, this may not be the healthiest option, according to newest findings. Instead, you should go with warm water. If you still have doubts why, check the two lists below.
The Negative Aspects of Drinking Cold Water in the Morning
- Cold water will make the body spend more energy on warming it upso that it can be used
- Cold water is known to tighten the blood vessels, which will result in less efficient hydration and absorbability
- When you drink cold water, the food becomes more solid and the body will need to work additionally to digest it
- Cold water is known to create surplus mucus in the respiratory system and when the lungs are congested, one becomes more prone to infections
The Benefits of Drinking Warm Water in the Morning
- Strengthens the metabolism
Drinking a glass of warm water in the morning before breakfast will improve the metabolism and treat and prevent stomach ache.
- Good for the circulation
Medical experts claim that this morning ritual is highly beneficial because it assists the body’s removal of harmful waste and consequently, the circulation.
- Helps you lose weight
Warm water can elevate the temperature of the body and enhance the bodily functions. This will result in a quicker burning of calories and it also has a positive influence on the kidneys and other excretion organs.